Monday 22 April 2013

I am not a showoff stylish person –Kalu Ikeagwu

Click for Full Image Size
Popular actor, Kalu Ikeagwu, recently admitted that show off and red carpet events are not part of his person.

The actor who made his debut in Nollywood in 2004 told Saturday Independent at a birthday party in his neighbourhood recently that he loves looking good, but he is rarely seen on red carpet events because he does not like too much attention.

“I am not the red carpet kind of person; that is why I am rarely seen at such events. I go for only events to which I am invited because I don't like to lobby. I know that in entertainment and as a popular figure, showing off is one of the things that keep you popular among your fans. I intend to start appearing on red carpets but for very selected few events,” he said

Ikeagwu said he is not so much of a freak for fashion items, adding that he only gets what fits him, and that jeans, T-shirt and sneakers are his comfort items.

Not many know that Kalu Ikeagwu also models when he is less busy. He channelled his good looks to modelling for his designer, Vans Kere. According to Ikeagwu, he loves Vans designs because they are very strong and play with a lot of details that are not in your face. “Since I am not the show off kind of person, Vans Kere's designs give me what I want. His outfits are not noticed at first sight but I just love them.”

On whether he will ever consider having a career in anything related to fashion, he said: “No, my forte are writing and acting.”

0 comments: