Sunday 31 January 2016

I Cried When I Had A Child Out Of Wedlock- Lanre Teriba, Gospel Artiste


When popular singer, Lanre Teriba, who is famous for the hit song, Atorise, impregnated another lady outside wedlock, he had thought that the end of his marriage was near but luckily for him, his wife was of good heart.
In a recent interview with the Entertainer, Lanre opened up on all he went through during those trying times.

Speaking on the what had made him cry, he said; " I cried when I lost my mum. Another event was when I had a child out of wedlock. The reason why I felt bad about it was that some people were using it against me. I regret it as well. Certain things happen in your life that are beyond you. I am human.

"But I don't know why some people think I should kill myself because of that singular mistake. Some Nigerians will see one mistake and magnify it. When I read stuffs about me on the Internet, I feel so bad and I wonder why people are doing that to me. But I have some wonderful fans that encourage me. And I thank God for my wife for being a great encouragement."

Further more, Mr. Ateriba who is one of the most respected Yoruba gospel singers recalled how his wife reacted when she heard about the child.

Hear him: "My wife knew about it, she really appreciated God that the marriage did not break. Today, the two of us are husband and wife. I have prayed to God for forgiveness. My wife has also forgiven me. So, those who still use it against me are haters?."

0 comments: